Monday, July 13, 2009

My Old Kentucky Home

Flag United States Kentucky



Custody court is now 4 days away and it's back to Kentucky I go. It feels like I have made a million trips back to Kentucky in the last 16 months. The trip is 5 hours long and it no longer seems that long. It's like it's just a hop, skip, and a jump away. But I am still dreading the trip back simply for the fact of the unknown. I have no clue what is going to happen in court and it is really scary for me. But at the same time, I can't wait to go back to my hometown and see all the buildings and people that are familiar to me.

I was looking online tonight at pictures of Kentucky in general and also pictures of Paducah, which is where I grew up. I guess you don't see the actual beauty of where you live until you aren't there anymore. Kentucky is a GORGEOUS state! Maybe it's just because it is my hometown, but maybe not. I thought I would add some pictures here to see what what my visitors think about it. Let me know if Kentucky is as beautiful to you as it is to me.

The Courthouse (where I will be on Friday):



The bridge going over the Ohio River (My future Mother In Law HATES going over this bridge, LOL):


This is the floodwall that was handpainted. It is truly a work of art:



These are some of the old buildings in Downtown Paducah:








And my all time favorite, the train. I remember playing inside acting like I was the conductor when I was little. It was SO much fun!:


These are just pictures of other places in Kentucky, not necessarily in Paducah, that I thought were pretty:






OK, sorry this post is such a long one. I just can't get over the beauty of "My Old Kentucky Home".

No comments: