Monday, December 14, 2009

I'll Be Home For Christmas

I didn't get to go home to Kentucky for Christmas last year because I had to work. My boss always takes vacation the week of Christmas and that leaves all of us "other employees" short handed and working extra hours so that he can be off. It's not fair, but it's just the way it is, I guess.

I have to work this year too. However, I did manage to get my boss to let me off on the 26th-29th so I AM GOING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR!! Well, technically, I won't be there on Christmas day, but luckily my mom's side of the family is celebrating Christmas the Sunday AFTER Christmas, so I will be celebrating with my family anyway. I AM STOKED! This actually worked out REALLY well because I don't get my kids until the 26th this year anyway. So I will drive to KY on the 26th, pick up my kiddos and have Christmas with my family all at the same time! How AWESOME is that?! I don't think it could have worked out any better.

Another good thing is that my best friend from high school (who lives in Alabama and who I haven't seen but twice in 7 years) will ALSO be in KY for Christmas so I will get to see her as well!! It's going to be a good holiday for me this year!

What are your plans for the holidays?

No comments: